Annecy, also known as the “Venice of the Alps,” is a charming city situated in the southeastern part of France. With stunning landscapes, medieval architecture, and crystal-clear lake, Annecy is a perfect holiday destination.
Things to Do
If you are planning a trip to Annecy, here are some things to do:
- Explore the Old Town – Take a stroll through the old town, which is filled with charming shops, cafes, and restaurants. Don’t forget to stop by Palais de l’Isle, which is a 12th-century castle-turned-museum.
- Cycle Around the Lake – Rent a bike and cycle around the stunning Lake Annecy. The peaceful scenery will leave you mesmerized.
- Visit Annecy Castle – Annecy Castle is another must-visit attraction. The castle was built in the 12th century and offers a panoramic view of the city.
Where to Eat
Annecy has a wide range of restaurants and cafes to suit all tastes and budgets. Here are some recommendations:
- Le Freti – This restaurant serves delicious French cuisine and is known for its fondue and raclette dishes.
- L’Etage – L’Etage is a vegetarian restaurant that offers a variety of healthy and tasty options. It’s also a great place to enjoy a drink in the evening.
- Saint-Jacques – Saint-Jacques is a Michelin-starred restaurant that serves refined French dishes using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Where to Stay
Annecy offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets. Here are some options:
- L’Impérial Palace – L’Impérial Palace is a luxurious hotel with spectacular views of Lake Annecy. It offers a range of amenities including a spa, casino, and restaurants.
- Aparthotel Adagio Annecy Centre – This modern aparthotel is located in the city center and offers self-catering facilities with fully equipped kitchens.
- Le Boutik Hotel – Le Boutik Hotel is a boutique hotel with stylish interiors and offers comfortable rooms at an affordable price.
Annecy is a beautiful city that offers something for everyone. Its stunning scenery, rich history, and delicious cuisine make it a perfect holiday destination. Be sure to plan a visit when you’re next in France!